Creative Writing pt 2
I heard my mum yelling out to me “It’s time for breakfast!” I got out of bed, stretched my legs and prepared myself for the long day ahead. I reached for my phone on my bedside cabinet, Instead I felt something soft and furry. I gazed over to see what the mysterious object was. I realized it was the monkey from my dream in fear I picked it up and threw it at the wall. I ran to the kitchen to ask my mum to figure out what was going on, She had turned into a monkey… Everything started to go black, my head was pounding and my stomach felt uneasy. Then all of a sudden I hear this blood curdling scream coming from the bathroom. I picked myself up and slowly but carefully made my way to the bathroom, the floors started opening and sirens started wailing. I thought to myself “ THIS HAS TO BE A DREAM !” I ran down the hallway dashing to the bathroom, You won't believe what I saw. It was like a portal ripping apart the layers of foundation of my house. It started to grow in size, sucking up anything and everything. It started to suck me in. I grabbed the door frame, I was determined not to let go. My palms were getting sweaty and I was slowly losing my grip. The force pulling me in getting stronger and stronger I lost my grasp of the door frame and was sucked in. I was transported to this utopia of a city where cars were flying and people were being transported through tubes in the air. Foods being 3D printed, holographic billboards, kids riding their hover boards to school.I walked through the city and my feet started to get heavy I started to fade through the concrete, I sunk deeper and deeper until I hit this cold hard rocky floor and there was the dreaded monkey waiting for my arrival. A ring of flames lit up surrounding us. This was the final showdown. He dashed towards me I dashed towards him, he climbed up my arm I ripped him off I grabbed him. I slammed his plush head into the ground, I got him in a headlock and his fluff started seeping out the seams, with all my might I ripped his head off and threw it in the flames for him to burn forevermore. I started to hear voices again. Sounded like my mum crying I slowly began to open my eyes. I saw a doctor standing over top of me. He screamed with excitement HE'S ALIVE HE'S ALIVE! I sat up in bed my mum excited to see me more than ever. She reached her arms surrounding me with the strongest hug she had ever given me. I asked her where I was. My mum said “ Do you not remember?... You were in a car crash and you were put into an induced coma. You have been in a coma for 4 months. “WOW I thought to myself was I really in a coma for 4 months?. MY mum said “I got you a little gift” she gave me a red box with a bright yellow bow. I opened the gift wondering what it was. In fright I threw the box on the floor saying “NO MUM I DON'T WANT THE GIFT !” It was the monkey from the hallucinations I had.
Was the monkey coming back to haunt me ?
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.