
This the drill gauge I made in metal work. I used various tools to get it to the stage it is now I used a vernier caliper , drill press, vice, file, emery cloth, ruler, scriber, engineers blue, oxy acetylene torch, hammer, center punch, soft jaws, number punches, divider, odd leg caliper.
We then had to do some marking, here is how to do it
1: Get some 20 mm wide and 3mm thick mild steel and cut it so it is 112 mm long.
2: File the work down to 110 mm then find the center and mark 10mm down in and then do a 10mm radius at the other end go 5 in at the end and 5 across and make angle on it, This will be the screwdriver part of the drill guage.
3: Heat the screwdriver end up then dip it cherry red to hardern the end and then polish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.