On Monday the 7th of August we went to Orana Park. We went for a school field trip. First we got on the bus. Next we went to Orana park. We saw a lot of animals like the kea's,kiwi's,tiger's and cheetah's. My favourite animal was the gorillas.
After seeing some animals we went to zoo school and they told us the rules of Orana park and how we can keep ourselves safe. After we got told the rules we had morning tea. For morning tea I had a biscuit. After that we had a look at the keas, The keas were very cool because the colours under the keas wings were fantastic. The keas were also very funny because they would jump in the small pond they had in their enclosure.
After the keas we went to see the kiwi. The kiwi was cool because they had an enclosure in the dark. It was cool at the kiwis because you could see the kiwis running in the dark. Next we went to have a look at the lions and tigers. When we went to see the lions they were all lying on the ground dozing in the sun.
The tigers were cool because I noticed something about the tigers that was fun to learn. I learned that the tigers shoulders would move up and down,up and down. I asked why the tigers shoulders do that and the lady said they do that because they have a very strong joint in their shoulders. The tigers kept roaming around in a circle, the tiger was marking its territory. It was walking and spraying around its territory.
After seeing the tigers it was our lunch time. When lunchtime passed the last two animals we saw were the gorillas and the giraffes The gorillas were cool because they swung on the ropes and played on the barrels. They swing and shake the rope. The giraffes were cool because they have really long necks and we tried feeding the giraffes but they weren't hungry. After looking at the giraffes it was time to go home. We got on the bus and went back to school.
I liked Orana park because we got to see lots of different animals. And we got to learn lots about them. I love Orana park

No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.